Sunday, September 6, 2009

Schools In and I'm a Nerd!

Once again a week with no pictures! We need to start doing more interesting things. It wasn't an event less week though, Ryan and Parker started school! Ryan has been sick all week so it wasn't the best week of his life but Parker couldn't be happier. She loves everything about school (thank goodness!) and she can't wait for Easton to start this coming Thursday.

Easton and I went and met his new kindergartner teacher on Friday and she is wonderful. I'm so excited that he has her (instead of Parker's old teacher). Luckily he's excited for school too, the only one we need to get hyped up now is Creed. But we still have some time before he is supposed to head back.

So, no new pictures means you get some from the archives. . .

This one of Beckham (who by the way is walking pretty well now) isn't really that old but it's just so darn cute!


This was our first camping trip with the kids at the wonderful Beaver Dick Park (I know, we hate the name too) in Rexburg. We went in August thinking it would be nice weather for camping, but we forgot where we were, Rexburg. We got a record breaking cold night with freezing temperatures and high winds (high enough to give us two new holes in our tent!). On top of that I was four months pregnant with Makay and not very comfortable on the lumpy, hard ground.

It was a long time before we camped again after this.



Ask me why we put Creed in a white shirt to go camping and I will have no good answer for you. But on the up side I think he got all the dirt on his face instead of the shirt.


A classic La Jolla shores picture in December of 2007. I love it but I have no idea who Parker is talking to.


This is a rare (very rare) tender moment between Creed and Makay at the Mira Mesa 1st ward Christmas party. It's nice to know that we have on record some sweet things like this to prove that they haven't ALWAYS been fighting.


This is a recent picture of the kids on a treasure hunt in one of the many wooded jungle areas of our fine city. On this particular excavation they found a dead raccoon, a key chain and two golf balls. . . a success!!


Jewelry update!
One of my most favorite new creations. My favorite color in the whole world is red and my favorite color combination is red, black and white. Can you guess why I like this bracelet and earring set so much?



I found these cool decorative buttons and given my last name, I just had to use them as inspiration. This is my first button necklace. The button is tied on over one of the pink shell beads and is removable. The button is supposed to be worn off to the side as opposed to a pendent. (I just realized what a huge jewelry nerd I am, sorry!!)


So I have been practicing cake decorating for Parker's birthday. My first attempt with fondant (pictured last week) didn't turn out so well. This week was much more of a success, I actually made the fondant correctly. This was my first creation of the week.

I was never a fondant fan because I hated the way it tasted, why ruin a cake!?! But that all changed when my mom gave me a fondant recipe that tastes great (how can you go wrong when it's made with marsh mellows?)!!
But by this time I was sick of making a cake just so I could play with fondant so I decided to use a shoe box. My children thought I had lost my mind, especially when I kept telling them that we were going to eat it for dessert (hehehe). But it was great practice with much less of the mess.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Your jewelry is gorgeous! So glad to hear that Easton has a great teacher for Kindergarten and that Parker's happy with school so far. Hope Ryan feels better soon! Your cakes are amazing - you really should hang out a shingle and make some $$$$$$$$! Cakes and Jewelry are your specialty! Kim

kiki comin said...

you really are amazing. those cakes look so great! glad the kids are loving school...and I LOVE the treasure hunt..a dead raccoon..can't beat that!:)

The Hills said...

Fun stuff. I love to see your kids growing. Have fun with two of them in school!

Can you send me that recipe for fondant please? I really want to try it out. you've inspired me.

hills2002@gmail.com

MarjAnn said...

Ok- so I'll have to get that fondant recipe- will you email me or post it? Back to school is one of my favorite times!!