Sunday, September 13, 2009

two kids down, one more to go

So Ryan started school two weeks ago. Parker started first grade one week and three days ago. Easton started kindergarten three days ago. Three days ago I was a wreck! My tender sweet boy is going off to be corrupted by the world!

Okay, so maybe it won't be that bad. Ryan's a big boy, he can take care of himself. Parker is a tough cookie that loves being independent. Easton is a teddy bear that likes to cuddle with mommy! I don't want him to lose that!!!

Well, he loves school, all two days so far. He was so upset that he only had two pages of homework that I had to calm him down by telling him that we can do more by ourselves. Yesterday was agony! Today was unbearable except for the small ray of hope that after today he could get back to school. I'm crossing my fingers that this will last and praying for his tender soul will stay intact.

While Parker and Easton were off getting their educations. . . Creed, Makay and Beckham were reaping the benefits of having fewer kids at home.

I guess I don't need to wonder how they get so dirty at the park anymore. There's all that lovely playground equipment and my kids choose to sit in the dirt. At least they have imaginations right?


Creed is an expert fence climber. It scares me to death and he thinks it's so funny to scare mom. As long as he keeps it simply going up and down and not over the top I think I can handle it.
Creed starts school on Tuesday of this week and he's slowly warming up to the idea. He has new teachers this year and is going without his big brother so it's going to be a big new adventure for him.
Creed also has his appointment with the cardiologist this week so hopefully we will get some answers about the hole in his heart and find out how serious this is. Ryan and I really want to thank everyone who fasted for Creed last week with us. It's wonderful to know that our families are always there and so willing to support us in any way we need it. Thank you!



No jewelry this week. Just two BIG cakes! I rented the Martha Stewart wedding cakes book from our local library and got inspired. That inspiration didn't quite pan out like I had hoped but all practice is good practice right?
I tried out my new square cake pans (which I love) and tried to think outside the box with the shapes and stacking of the cakes. I think I should stick to copying other people who think outside the box, the end result would pay off much better.

I go to a book club with some women from the ward and last night we had a re-gathering to pick our new books for the next year (we took a six month break do to not being organized). We all bring food (preferably to go along with the book theme) because what's a gathering without food right?
I baked one chocolate and one yellow cake, cut them both in half and slathered chocolate butter cream frosting between each layer. The outside is also butter cream frosting with appropriate pink decorations (believe it or not, I still need to work on my dots).
This thing was a beast! Ryan and I weighed it, it was almost 10 pounds! After cutting into it at our group we found out that 9 of those pounds was the frosting. Amazingly enough I was the only one who didn't finish all my frosting. . . wow.


That's it 'til next week! Over and out.


4 comments:

Elaine said...

Okay, I hope it's not weird that I'm commenting on your blog-(this is Stuart's wife by the way) but your cakes look great and I remember in Rexburg when you used to make that delicious chocolate cake. It was the best! keep up the good work.

kiki comin said...

yikes, girl, you are on a roll! those cakes looks amazing. i am totally with you on the kids going to kindergarten...thank goodness they are loving it!

Tod and Kim Comin said...

LOVE the cakes!! Between cakes and jewelry - I'm wondering where you've been hiding your talent all these years!! Keep it up!
Dad

Kim said...

Both cakes are great but I especially love how the lavendar cake turned out - it's so elegant! You could do wedding cakes easily! The kids pics are adorable - love Beckham's smile in the swing. Love how your blog helps me feel connected even though we're so far away. love, Kim