Sunday, September 20, 2009

Holy Heart

Well, our computer isn't letting us upload any pictures so sorry. I know an entry is no good without pictures.

So the biggest thing we did this last week was see Creeds Cardiologist. For all who don't know, Creed doesn't have a hole in his heart. . . he has three. Yeah, not the news we were looking for. He is going to need open heart surgery which is freaking me out. His heart is enlarged on one side due to the blood that is leaking back into it. The Dr. said that they will be able to sew one hole closed and then patch the other two.

Of course it's scary to find out that your child is going to have to go through something like this but it has definitely put things into a different perspective for us. Plus, everything is in the Lords hands anyway so there is no need to fear. We know that it all works out in the end.

With no pictures that's about all for us. We'll try to get the pictures working. Until then, some funny quotes from the kids. . .

*Ryan was helping Creed say the prayer and he prompted him, "we love thee" and Creed said, "you love me."

*pikey-pones are pine cones. We think they mixed porky pines and pine cones together for that one.

*I took Creed out to lunch after his cardiology appointment at his favorite Chinese restaurant. It's a very nice Chinese family that runs it. Creed (being physically incapable of whispering) asked if Chinese people sleep. Why is the mom and the kids Chinese? I tried explaining that they are just like us, they just speak a different language and that Chinese people have Chinese babies just like white people have white babies. A black man was waiting for his order and Creed pointed and said, "he's black." The man looked at us. "yes he is," I said. "Does he have black babies?" My face was very red.

7 comments:

Alisha said...

That is totally scary! I admire your strength and faith! You guys are wonderful! We're praying for you! Let us know when the surgery is!

Keri_B said...

We are thinking of you guys too. I love what Creed said at the restaurant. Kids are hilarious!!

MarjAnn said...

Keep us updated on Creed. Keep up the good attitude- and thanks for the funnies! You inspired me to try making fondant and I had a great time. Thanks!

Adams said...

Will you let us know when his surgery is? I would like to put his name in the temple here. And as always, you inspire me. I know you are nervous but as always, you are positive...ending your entry with funny stories!

Melinda said...

Very sad, and very funny stories this time. Good luck. We will be praying for your family and thinking of you guys!

Jeff said...

wow.

Deanna said...

Hey! I stumbled across your blog, again! I am with you, and in a way can understand Creed's situation. My younger sister had open heart surgery when she was three days old. She had a coaration of the aorta...it was only one hole, but back then, her doctors did a fantastic job of fixing it. She is now 19 and thriving at college. Our prayers will be with you! I love reading all your fun entries of the funny things your kids say! You have a beautiful family. :)
~Deanna