Friday, July 27, 2012

Tuesday Grace

We are pleased to announce the birth of the newest Button: Tuesday Grace!! She was born on Tuesday (purely coincidental), July 24th at 11:13 am.  She was my first baby to come early, she wasn't due until the 28th.  Thank goodness she came when she did because she weighed a whopping 11 lbs 7 oz. and was 22 1/2 inches long! I have never seen a new born with a double chin and back fat but she rocks it!


My Doctor was worried about her delivery because of her size and really pushed for a c-section. Thankfully all went well and there were no broken clavicals or mommies, just alot of heavy facial bruising 



We were all surprised at having a girl. No one was more excited about it than Parker and Makay though, little Tuesday evens the ranks in the family now.


It took us a couple days to get a picture of her with her eyes open. This little girl is an eating machine! Between that and sleeping there's not much time left for just being awake. I love how this picture shows off her chubs!

All the kids have loved having Tuesday home and wait in line (sometimes not so patiently) for a turn to hold her.

 WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY TUESDAY!!

8 comments:

Adams said...

OH. MY. GOSH.
Holy crap that girl is huge! And I thought my sister's baby was big! I laughed when I read about her sleeping and eating all the time. We used to tease my sister about Layne and how she was always sleeping. We told her that Layne didn't need to wake up to eat because of all that fat reserves....she's just hibernating. So, if Tuesday is anything like Layne, you will have an awesome baby that just eats and sleeps for quite some time!

Brittany said...

Congratulations Berni!!! It's official, you're a mom of 6! Still can't believe it. I'm so happy everything went well and that she is here and healthy.

What a lucky girl to be born into your family and have you and Ryan as parents. She is very blessed to have so many doting sisters and brothers to take care of her every whim, hopefully that keeps up so you have lots of eager helpers.

I can't wait to meet her. Wish I could bring you dinner, ice cream or a "jamaican" shake! You certainly deserve a "pushing present" for that achievement. :) I'm glad she was born on the 24th too, you could totally be a pioneer Bern. Walk the plains? Why not. Push a handcart? You got it. Deliver a 11+ lb baby. No problem. You're amazing!

Lizzie said...

CONGRATS!!! You are wonder woman. Way to go. She is adorable and I love the name. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Congrats Berni!! I am in awe at your ability to wrangle so many active little ones and deliver an 11 pounder!! You deserve an Olympic medal!

Anonymous said...

i thought this post would be about a funny prayer one of our kids said at dinner on a Tuesday! Chubby babies rock and she's adorable too! Way to have an easy one (knock on wood!) for your 6th!

Elaine said...

Congratulations Button Family! She's adorable-my brother also weighed 11lbs at birth.

MarjAnn said...

Welcome Tuesday!! What a beautiful perfect baby! So glad you all made it through safely!

Melinda said...

Ahhh! I am so unbelievably happy for your family. She is so adorable! Oh, I just love her!