Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Fun

At the end of June my family (the Tod Comin family that is) had a little reunion. It was such a blast! The kids could not have had more fun with their cousins. The adults took some time on Saturday and we did our own activity. We all went to see Wicked! It was amazing!!! We were on the sixth row and boy, I will never forget that experience. Then we went out to dinner at a sea food place, I can't remember the name. But I was feeling very adventurous and tried crab legs. It took me a minute to figure out how to use the tools but once I got the hang of it the meat was quite tasty.


The next day we headed up to the house my parents rented at Big Bear Lake. That too, was amazing. It had a super fun basement where the kids were in heaven! They even got to sleep (or were supposed to sleep although not much of that went on) down there together. The deck to the house had a hot tub the kids tried out one of the days we were there.


B.J. and Kiki brought a TON of cloths for Parker and Makay that they were given so the girls put on a little fashion show while the boys splashed in the hot tub. Grandma Kim made it really fun and dolled the girls up before hand, make-up, fingernail polish, feather earrings and dollar store hair extensions! The girls were in heaven!


We ate all of our meals out on this awesome deck. It was so much fun.  As everyone knows, Ryan and I aren't the best picture takers so we left most of that up to the more talented people in the family. Hopefully we'll get some of those soon so everyone can see the boat ride, the day of swimming and hiking and the fun day at the park where we played kick ball, yes, even me being 8 months pregnant ran around the bases (although I wont horrify you by posting it)! Thank you Grandma Kim and Papa for an unforgettable reunion, we love you!!

Once we got home it was only one week until Creeds birthday. He turned 7! I can't believe it!! (FYI-The kid cannot take a picture with a nice smiling face to save his life so that's why he looks like he's been electrocuted in every shot.)



A really cool book from Grandma Button  and "Seven whole dollars... I'm rich!" I took Creed to Red Robin for his birthday dinner, just him and me, and he read me the book the whole way there and back, it was pretty cute.


My parents have a ball toss game that Creed LOVES so they got him a similar one for his birthday. This one is actually pretty cool because you get to shoot the ball at the other person and then catch it in the net. They love to shoot the balls but they are going to have to work on their aim some because they are having trouble catching it still.


When we have a family movie night, seating gets a little tricky, especially with me being huge pregnant and not wanting big kids climbing all over me. We end up having all the kids on the floor with pillows and blankets and then Ryan and I can actually be comfortable on the couch... alone. Well, this bugs no one more then Creed. So we got him his very own seat for his birthday. It's so great when you find the perfect present!


Our kids don't know much about Star Wars but their cousins sure do. That's all our kids have talked about since the reunion, the love it! At the reunion Ryan would go down at night to the kids room and tell them a Star Wars story before bed. Apparently he kept messing up the story so Sam (our Star Wars expert) would correct him. So Creed got a Star Wars themed cake complete with Sand Troopers, woohoo!


Last but not least, we have been doing extra chores this summer to earn money and get used to paying tithing. It's working great but I kinda feel bad about all the tithing envelopes we go through! The kids finally earned enough to go to the store, it was insanity!! I'm never doing that alone again!!  Anyway, Beckham got a bird house he really wanted to paint. It was so cute seeing him be so careful to get the right color on the right side.


Easton got a canvas with a picture of a robot on it and paints attached to the back.  The boy sat there for almost three hours turning it into a work of art. It's pretty cool too. And don't worry, it looks like Creed is upset but he was just playing at being camera shy, ha!

So what's next for us? Well, hopefully very soon I'll be having this baby! The doctor did a scan and said it looks like it will be over 10 pounds by my due date, yikes! Well, keep everyone posted!!

1 comment:

Adams said...

The picture of all the "bald" cousins in the hot tub is my fav!