Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh, How They Grow

I'm too tired to organize my pictures today so you just get a random smattering.

I was feeling nostalgic while looking through some of the old pictures so I decided to share a few. This is Beckham with some daddy time.





Looking back, this is one of the first pictures that truly shows Makays personality well. She really knew what she was doing when she threw her feet up on the table. She was queen of the world that day.


This is Creed during the summer when he was a little blondy. We were trying to potty train so that's the reason for the diaper and no clothes. For some reason Creed loved those shoes, he would walk around and around the table just clop-clopping away.



I loved that hair cut on her!


Easton used to wear his underwear backwards so he could see the picture on them. One night he needed to wash his hands but wanted to try himself. He has always been a bigger boy but that really came in handy that night. He just jumped up and hooked his tummy on the counter and wa-la, he could wash his hands! Who needs a stool?



Easton was excited to be able to try out his big brother skills. We kept asking him to hold the bottle up and does he need any help. You can see the triumph when she finished the whole bottle on his watch.



Makay on a chubby, cute day.



This is Parker taking her turn with Creed the day we came home from the hospital. You may not know what Parkers first sentence was. She was 16 months old and said, "I can do it!" Right then we knew we were in for trouble and she has repeated that sentence many times since then. This was one of those times.


We showed some pictures of Easton and Creed helping me make some Valentine sugar cookies last post. Well, the next day we frosted them which is always an adventure.


I think the knife made its' way to Makays mouth more times then to the cookies. Don't worry, we don't give away the ones the kids frost.






Easton was by far the most creative with his decorating. He did cookies with half pink frosting and half white, cookies with pink and white stripes, and cookies with smiley face red hot candies.
He's definitely not afraid to let his inner decorator out.


As you probably could have guessed, Parker is into the sprinkles. We have to keep an eye on her or we run out of them really fast!




I know everyone is going to love this next one but I had to get a picture of my lovely tonsils while they were choking me to death. This last week I had tonsillitis and NEVER want to have it again! Thank goodness for antibiotics.



We had a fun Valentine dinner with candles and hearts all over the table. If I can't have a romantic dinner with just my husband then I'm going to have one with my whole family. It was a lot of fun doing a fancy three course meal for them. For the dessert I got out the melting chocolates and wrote Valentine messages on wax paper and made some hearts. Then we decorated our dessert with Valentine love, it was pretty fun!


7 comments:

McShane Family said...

You are so creative and energetic. How do you do it?

kiki comin said...

that writing turned out awesome!your kids are too, too cute!

Melinda said...

Holy cow, I have never seen tonsils like that! Sick and painful! My favorite picture is your boy wearing his underwear backwards so he can see the picture himself. So funny!

Adams said...

Berni, you are so cute....ok, not your tonsils, but YOU are cute! You are such a good mom, letting them decorate cookies and such. I could really feel your love for your family in this post, Berni.

MarjAnn said...

Cute Valentine's thingy. . . And I love Easton's backward undies- Hunter still does the same thing! I'm singing praises to antibiotics this week too. We had strep and an eye infection and it is amazing how quickly those things work!

Keri_B said...

I love the older pictures of your kiddos, that is how I still remember them. I refuse to believe that our children are growing up and getting old! Hope you are feeling better...I better the Yakima air would be great for those tonsils!!! Love ya!

Kim said...

Love all the photos and your insights and observations - you truly know your children. I also love that 'haircut' pic of Parker - so adorable!! Brought back lots of memories! It sure is a blessing to have photos to look back at. Can you imagine not having them? Love you all, Kim/mom/grandma