Sunday, December 20, 2009

December Joys

Our daughter Makay celebrated her 3rd birthday recently and boy did she enjoy her special day! Since I'm on Christmas break from school, Berni and I took Makay and Beckham out to Red Robin for Makays birthday lunch (the other kids were in school). She had a great time being with mom and dad one-on-one (kinda), and to top it off, the servers sang a special birthday song to her and gave her ice cream. Yeah, she ate it all up...the attention too.
(She was very sad when the decorations finally came down!)


Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Button and Grandma Kim and Papa for the awesome gifts!Berni made a "strawberry shortcake" cake for Makay
Our glamour queen put on a birthday fashion show (note her face is same color as outfit-fashion always prevails over freezing temperatures).
Saturday brought a fresh blanket of snow and of course instant fun for the kids. I think I was more worried about them getting cold then they were.
Sledding is always a party favorite with this group.
Berni wanted to add some more Christmas spirit to our home, so she decided to try her hand at painting...I know I'm a little biased, but she did pretty darn good if you ask me.
Our family loves this time of year and the excitement that comes with it. We have enjoyed spending time with our children and talking about the birth of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. We hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas! Love-the Button fam

5 comments:

Adams said...

Ok, your mug shots on the side are halarious! And you tell Berni that I'm impressed. She bakes, makes jewelery, stays home with 5 kids and now paints! What doesn't this girl do?!

Anonymous said...

I agree....Ryan, you definitely married well! Berni's amazing, and I gotta say those glasses Makay's wearing are the best.

Kim said...

Makay's so adorable it made me cry! I just want to hug her! What a cute 3 year old!The cake's adorable, I bet she loved it. Love the paintings - together they portray all that Christmas embodies. Love you all and wish we could be closer!

Michelle said...

Berni! You are awesome! I love the strawberry shortcake cake... I had one as a kid, so I pretty much think that rocks :) I love your painting too...could I pay you to make on for me? I am a Christmas crazy, and I'd love to have that nativity!

kiki comin said...

love those paintings..and makay just brings a smile to my face so fast!:)