Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pickle Juice

How in the world is it already the middle of month 11! One good thing about this time of year are the colors. Ryan took the kids to the park one day and had a little photo shoot. Makay loved being in front of the camera.

I love how many trees there are around here and if there are a lot of trees, there are a lot of leaves.


You can really work up a sweat by trying to see how many leaves you can get into the air at the same time. Creed would live in a leaf pile if we would let him.


I picked up some fancy dresses at the local Goodwill for $3 each. Originally they were for dress up but they fit so well and were in such good condition that they are now our fancy church clothes.


Some parents have to struggle with their kids every day to get them to sit at the table and eat. We have never had that problem. Our main food struggle is usually trying to get them to stop. They aren't picky eaters either (of which I am so not complaining about!). Sometimes, to encourage them to stop eating we will give them the option of something disgusting or being done. This tactic usually works. . . but sometimes it backfires. This is Easton, Creed and Makay (not pictured) drinking pickle juice. Yes, I said pickle juice. Go figure.




My kids do occasionally eat normal food too; like Halloween candy. Some days I will let them pick something out of their bag for a snack. They are pretty clever and go for either a sucker or gum. Creed thought he would be a nice brother and share his sucker with Beckham. The only problem was when Beckham got a taste, he was not about to let that thing out of his mouth. Creed pulled and pulled and Beckham cried and cried (while never opening his mouth wide enough to get the sucker out) until Creed gave in and asked if he could pick out another piece of candy.

We have a little sun room off the back of our kitchen (during winters it's known as the "ice box"). Ryan and I noticed that what were once small cracks in the ceiling were now big cracks in the ceiling. We called our land lords' maintenance man Dominic to come take a look. He said he was going to have to rip the whole thing down and replace it (just the ceiling). It took a whole evening for me to clear the room out of the four food stacked shelves and mounds of junk I had in there. It took Dominic two days of cursing under his breath and breathing in toxic dust to get our room liveable again.

It looks great and it gave me a chance to organize my junk! Yeehaw! Plus, for a short time we had a room that was just for balls. Isn't that every kids dream?

Over and out.

4 comments:

Keri_B said...

You guys are so great at blogging. I need to be better! The pickle juice pictures make me gag...so gross!! Cute kids though.

Melinda said...

I love pickle juice. When we were younger, my mom would let my sisters and I share the jar. We all liked it. I wouldn't drink it now because of all the sodium, but I still like the taste. So, your kids aren't gross. Well, maybe they are and I am just gross too. Hmmm...

Unknown said...

Hey babe, I like the new banner...very nice. :)

MarjAnn said...

Thanks for making me smile. I love to see what you guys are up to.