Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Beautiful Moment

Between the hours of 3 to 7 pm my house is chaos. Makay (who will be 2 in December) no longer takes naps, but really still needs them. By that time of day the boys are home and the stimulation that they bring just about sends her over the edge. Beckham is particular about being held, he doesn't really like much else. He can eat, sleep and poop being held and would prefer it that way.
With this information you can understand why my house is a disaster and the act of cooking is basically extinct. With all of this swirling around me, along with the joyful screams of four playing children I sat in our "papa chair" and was caught up in the beauty of a baby.


The miracle swept over me as I looked at my little boys' perfect face and acknowledged that not too long ago he was in the presence of our Father in Heaven. My body was designed to provide for him. He grew inside me and birth, though so incredibly painful, is a miracle. My body can still provide for his needs and when he sleeps in my arms it's like we fit together so perfectly, like we did when he was in my tummy.

Maybe this is too much information for some and way too sappy for others. I get so caught up in the chaos of my life that I don't have beautiful moments like this one very often. Thank you Heavenly Father for letting me be a women that can have children. They are my joy and my trial. How can you know love until your a parent?

4 comments:

kiki comin said...

so true. so true.:)

Unknown said...

I sure do love You!

Keri_B said...

I agree!! Though I am not one who particularly enjoys being pregnant, I love feeling the baby move inside me and the miracles that they are when they are born. We miss you guys!!

Adams said...

I'm so proud to know you Berni. I miss your influence more than you know. Yes, it is sappy but that is what the Lord loves about you and what I need. Besides, why does sappy have to be a negative thing? I think it is very womanly and beautiful.