Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's All About Creed

Creeds birthday was this month! I can't believe he's four. He had two friends over to play for the afternoon while we did balloon games and pin the tail on the donkey.


I'm sure you've noticed by now that our kids are stuffed full of personality. It comes out in this picture. They can't just be normal and cute like the two adorable Westover girls. Makay and Easton are pretending to be birds, Parker is in her usual princess pose for any picture and Creed is charging the camera. Never a dull moment in our home!



Creed wanted a dinosaur cake this year. I was pretty worried until I found a Wiltons dinosaur cake pan at the Goodwill for 50 cents. KA-CHING! (I have no idea how to spell sound affects!)


Creed really got into the "it's my special day and I'm in charge" thing. The poor kid is a third child, we let him run with it. The kids all got one piece of cake, Creed had two. But the kicker was when he asked for cake the next day for breakfast. Well, who wants cake sitting around the house getting stale anyway! They loved it.


I don't know if we have mentioned how much Creed likes puzzles. Well if he didn't before, he does now because he got some of the coolest puzzles for his birthday. (yes, I helped him on this one. . . and well all of them. I like puzzles too.)



Ryan and I gave him some Disney puzzles and Papa and Grandma Kim gave him the big floor puzzles. He loved the "giant puzzle" pieces. He also got a cool Noah book from Grandma and Grandpa Button plus a dapper (and much needed) suit.



Just in case your wondering, our kids don't normally sit on the table this much.



So you were probably wondering what happened to our other kids for the month of July huh! Well they're still here. Parker's had her two front teeth sticking out of her mouth like a chipmunk for a while. She finally let me yank one of them out (just because she saw something at the store that she wanted to buy).

Front teeth are pretty valuable but our tooth fairy couldn't scrounge more then two dollars for it. Maybe after a couple more teeth she can buy a toy.



July has also been a month of new hairdo's in our family. Easton and Creed wanted desperately to have all the boys in the family match. How can you say no to male bonding!
Creed really did look sickly for the first couple of days. Kind of like he just came from chemo treatment. After he got some sun he looked much better.



I had been growing my hair out for a long time (10 months!) and was going crazy. I finally went to get it cut (my first hair cut done by someone who actually went to beauty school, instead of me with two mirrors, in about four years). It felt so good to get rid of all that hair!

And don't feel sorry for my husband my brothers! He likes my hair!



Mak had everyone in the ward talking about her hair by the end of church. She loved having it curly so much that she walked up to everyone saying, "pretty hair!" while she fluffed her curls. What a GIRL I have!



Lastly of course is jewelry. Sorry about the fuzzy picture, I'll have to fire my photographer. ;) This necklace was just too much fun to not show you mom, I love it.


7 comments:

MarjAnn said...

oooo- Mak's hair IS so pretty. My girls love it when I work up the energy to do curls. I remember when we were first getting to know Ryan and he said that it took a really pretty lady to pull of short hair- and you do girl! Glad you're having a fun summer. Love ya!

Adams said...

I LOVE the shaved heads picture!

The Hills said...

Fun stuff. Puzzles are great for the mind. I can remember when Creed was born and everyone in the ward kind of went ? to his name. He is such a cute kid (although you were kind of right about the chemo patient thing) as are all your kids. Miss you Berni!

Tod and Kim Comin said...

WOW!! Way to catch us up on a whole month in one blog!! Love the 'dos.
Tod

Melinda said...

This is one of my favorite posts you put on here. Your kids seem very fun. You remind me of my mom growing up. "Sure, eat the cake for breakfast. I don't want it to go stale and attract flies." Memories.... I think your hair looks very cute.

Keri_B said...

Love your hair Berni! All your kiddos are growing up so fast...tell them to slow down! We love and miss you guys. Maybe someday we can hang out and play cards again :)

kiki comin said...

first of all...i love that necklace...such fun colors! glad you guys are surviving the summer..love the hair do's and happy late birthday, creed!:)s